Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Goodbye MSNBC, Hello CNN...



Well the time has come for me to explain myself. I have removed all RSS links for BSNBC (Yes I'm well aware of the mistake), and replaced them with CNN. The reasoning behind this decision is one that started shortly before the hypocrisy that was 'the Imus in the Morning Debacle' and built up in the aftermath. Prior to the Imus thing MSNBC had undergone some management changes that put prettyboy Dan Abrams large and in charge. And the gutlessness and accountability levels in the network's coverage have gone separate directions since.
Starting with the Imus ordeal, which I could go on about endlessly
... Oh irony of all ironies!!! Here's Joe 'holier than thou' Scarborough and David Gregory bashing Imus after appearing on his show time after time and engaging in the childish, humorous and entertaining routine. Et tu MSNBC? The on air personalities scattered like bugs out from under an overturned rock revealing their hypocracy, and eat your own - CYA mentality. Where'd you scurry off to Tim Russert?
The facts are, as I see them, simple: Imus is an idiot not a racist. He'll even admit to that. He's also a humorous idiot. He also appologized profusely. A 6 month suspension would have been both appropriate and smart. Instead pipsqueak and the MSNBC admin decided that they would tear a hole in the entire institution and break up their structure and reliability for a firing. I hardly think that the punishment fit the crime considering how fast MSNBC was willing to book Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson after the incient. Consider some of the controversial comments that they've made! I personally respect Al and love to see him speak, yet he has said things that I find equally as
reprehensible as the Imus comments. Jackson fits that description as well.
Then there's the coverage of the Clinton campaign (whom I do not politically support), and the arguments between her camp and MSNBC, which were allowed to leak into coverage and headline slant. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that the MSNBC coverage changed once they were challenged by the Clintons. What a joke.
I've suffered enough of this mockery of reporting and credibility. So like everyone else who once was a huge fan, I've left MSNBC, and encourage others to do so as well. The ratings and advertising market is the only way the viewer can speak and MANY of us have spoken. It's a shame that I will have to miss out on such gems as Chris Mathews and the dissent of Keith Olberman but, MSNBC you are todays and tomorrow's WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD!

CNN, has always been a guilty pleasure and I always felt like I was cheating when I flipped the channel. But their coverage is fair, they even have some old credible MSNBC faces like Cambell Brown! They have seriously ramped up their political coverage and I would argue that it is the best in complexity, presentation, and fairness on cable news. With that said.. G
oodbye BSNBC and hello...

No comments: